Marshall University Thundering Herd vs. Purdue 2015 Joan C Edwards Stadium Panoramic Photo
This panorama, taken by James Blakeway, captures the Marshall University football team hosting the Boilermakers of Purdue University, for their season opener. The game marks Marshall’s first home game against a Big Ten Conference opponent, calling for the glorious “Kelly Green-Out” depicted here. The nationally televised holiday weekend game is a meeting between two schools widely known in the college game for their star quarterbacks. The Boilermakers-Herd meeting was played at Joan C. Edwards Stadium, where Marshall has owned one of the best home records in major college football since the stadium opened in 1991.
The Marshall Football program has risen from the Ashes to Glory since the plane crash of 1970. The Thundering Herd has a story of perseverance, community and pride. The Herd had the winningest football program in America in the 1990’s, with a 114-25 record. Marshall has returned once again to national prominence under coach John “Doc” Holliday. We Are… Marshall.
- All of our panoramic prints measure 13.5 x 40 inches and use Grade A, pH neutral, heavy art stock
- High quality panoramic picture frames covered with tempered glass
- Prints mounted and backed with foam core to prevent future warping from atmospheric and seasonal changes
- Standard and Deluxe Panoramic Picture Frames available for licensed and non-licensed panoramas
- Standard frame outside dimensions are 13.75 x 40.25 inches. The panoramic frame measures 7/8 inches out from the wall and is 3/8 inches wide with a rounded profile (front).
- Outside dimensions are 18 x 44 inches. The panoramic frame measures 7/8 inches out from the wall and is 1 1/4 inches wide with a custom sculpted profile (front). Two mats in appropriate colors make the Deluxe Frame really stand out, particularly for fans proclaiming their team enthusiasm.
All Orders over $100 receive FREE shipping !